The Village Girl Foundation Team reach out to people of Takrowase, a community in the Eastern region to participate in two days program
The Village Girl Foundation Team reach out to people of Takrowase, a community in the Eastern region to participate in two days program. This is to fulfill its mission and services of aiming to improve the lives of the children, youth and community as a whole. The program was attended by Chiefs and Elders of Takrowase community, A representative from The Ministry of Health, a renowned lawyer, who is a native of Takrowase, a section of student and Executive of Takrowase Senior High School and people within the community.
Activities that took places during the program are as follows:
- A health talk on Tuberculosis from the official of Ministry of Health. An awareness of T.B, its effects, prevents and treatment and related information were discussed during this section among the health official and attendants of the program.
- Awards presentations were also handed out to the outstanding students from the Takrowase Senior High School in their respective discipline. They were advised and tasked to keep up the effort and play as a mentor to the upcoming ones to also achieve their best.
- Donation of clinical equipment and items were also handed out to the community hospital to improve the clinic/hospital strength to cater for the health needs of the community.
- Other educative talk sessions were also presented by prominent people from the community, Lawyer Owiredu, a native of Takrowase and Mrs. Benedicta Fosu-Mensah, Founder of the Village Girl Foundation.
- A musical concert was held to round up the program.
In pictures are screenshots captured during the program.